[CentOS] Centos blocked

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 9 16:35:06 UTC 2007

Dago Pacheco wrote:

> ok... how can i check for the system temp or fan speed in CentOS.  I
> tried to look for an applet to check it, but i found just for Gnome (I
> use KDE), so, is there any system file o command that show me that
> information?

You'd be better off just putting a thermometer in there. Those
sensors are not accurate unless calibrated, and not accurate
if they are calibrated.

But really, if the fan spins, and makes no noticeable noise,
and you've dusted out the box and vacuumed it, then heat
is not likely the culprit.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.