[CentOS] Custom ananconda

Tronn Wærdahl tronnw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 21:33:03 UTC 2007

On 3/9/07, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> Tronn Wærdahl wrote:
> > Hello mail list
> >
> > Forgive me if i doble post, coz my first attetemt didnt go through
> >
> > Im trying to include a new selection in "Installation type" in the
> > anaconda installer when installing Centos 4.3
> > I have successfull made a inclution of "my" rpms when installing the OS,
> > by modifying the  the base group in the file comps.xml
> >
> > But what im trying to do is make a new selection in the Installation
> > window [where you choose Server, desktop, custom..]
> >

> > I need some guidance about this topic, any help would be appriciated
>
> take a look at the installclasses/ stuff inside anaconda, if you dont
> want to rebuild the installer, you can just drop updated .py files into
> an updates.img ( which goes into the /CentOS/base/ directory.
>
> Also, if you are hosting another project on the CentOS distro, let us
> know so we can then list you on the www.centos.org website.
>
> - KB
> --
> Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219 at icq

Below is what I edited in the installclasses/server.py, so if I  just put
that back in to stage2.img, then I would see a different txt when Im in the
Installation type windows, and it would install the base group from the
comps.xml.

############ FILE START ###########
from installclass import BaseInstallClass
from rhpl.translate import *
from constants import *
import os
import iutil

class InstallClass(BaseInstallClass):

    # name has underscore used for mnemonics, strip if you dont need it
    id = "server"
    name = N_("_MY server")
    pixmap = "myserver.png"
    description = N_("Select this installation type if you would like to "
         "set up Myserver community edition. ")

    sortPriority = 5
    showLoginChoice = 1

    def setSteps(self, dispatch):
 BaseInstallClass.setSteps(self, dispatch);

    def setGroupSelection(self, grpset, intf):
 BaseInstallClass.__init__(self, grpset)

    def setInstallData(self, id):
 BaseInstallClass.setInstallData(self, id)

    def __init__(self, expert):
 BaseInstallClass.__init__(self, expert)

I have no experience with python...

Tronn