[CentOS] Centos-specific Denyhosts Howto Anyone?

Karl R. Balsmeier karl at klxsystems.net
Tue Mar 13 01:27:04 UTC 2007

Hi, after reading the docs (no man page) and seeing a few example
howtos, I see none for Centos specifically.

I hereby offer to write this and even host it, and any other wiki-able
howto you want, if you can school me on the first few steps relevant to
how to link up the current rpmforge rpm for RHEL4-64.  See, right now,
the one for centos loads into the /usr/share/doc, which is an odd place
to stash an executable, -logic perhaps being you just symlink however
you want.

Now having a time to spare, I appeal to you with paypal beer $.

I'd like to of course script this specifically for centos. I have
firewall rules and other protections, but it's (denyhosts) too cool to
pass up.  reminds me a bit of portsentry, or whatever they call it now,
tri-sentry, maybe it's quad-sentry now or...

I can also trade you some mega-spiffy ultra-detailed centos build
scripts for tomcat servers, squid machines, etc.

-krb