[CentOS] Error on starting the apache Server

Ern jura

exjura at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:59:37 UTC 2007

I am using Centos 4.3 i386 and I installed the apache 2.0.59 php 5.1.6 and
mysql 5.0.27 rpms from the centosplus repositories.
I have two problems the first is:

On starting the apache server I get the following error:

[root at localhost linux 07-02-2007]# /usr/sbin/httpd
Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/auth_mysql.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so into server:
libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

So I commented out line 6 and it runs fine, but I think I should correct the
error. Anyone has ideas of how to correct this.

The Second problem is on running phpinfo i've noticed that mysql is not
supported how can I get mysql support to work.