[CentOS] Error on starting the apache Server

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 11:04:13 UTC 2007

On 13/03/07, Ern jura <exjura at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Centos 4.3 i386 and I installed the apache 2.0.59 php 5.1.6 and
> mysql 5.0.27 rpms from the centosplus repositories.
> I have two problems the first is:
>
> On starting the apache server I get the following error:
>
> [root at localhost linux 07-02-2007]# /usr/sbin/httpd
> Syntax error on line 6 of
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/auth_mysql.conf:
> Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so into
> server: libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory

Don't start services directly, 'chkconfig' them on then 'service'
start them to startup immediately.

# chkconfig httpd on
# service httpd start

This *may* still result in an errors, I haven't got Apache, PHP and
MySQL installed out of CentOS Plus on any systems but that's (one of)
the canonical way(s) of starting services/daemons.

Try that then report any errors from that point on.

Will.