[CentOS] centos 5 beta and xen

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Mar 13 21:54:49 UTC 2007

Jerry Geis wrote:
>>> / Hey I was wanting to play with xen on beta 5.
>
> />>/ I have the beta 5 installed in my turion laptop. Went smooth...
> (4.4 />>/ would not install)
> />>/ />>/ Anyway anyone know were a starting point with xen might be?>
> /
>
>> Have you bothered RTFM'ing a bit ?
>

>> - KB
>

> Well karanbir,
>
> I have bothered looking for one... Thank you for asking so nicely.

If you want serious help, you need to make it clear what you have done.
It encourages helpers to feel there's helping someone who's making an
effort. A lot of folk would have ignored you.

I don't know what you've looked at, it didn't take me long to find these
on FC6:
/usr/sbin/virt-install --help
xm list
xm mem-set Domain-0 128
xm list
/usr/sbin/virt-install --file=/tmp/disk --file-size=4 --ram=128
--name=test1 --location=http://RHEL.demo.lan/Fedora/6/i386/os/
  That one ran overnight ans was still on the first package. 128 Mbtes
isn't enough for Anaconda, but it tries.

There are also xen mailing lists you could have found, there's the zen
home page you could have found.

--

Cheers
John