[CentOS] Via Eden

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Mar 15 19:39:07 UTC 2007

Kamill S wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> i´m looking forward to buy a new server. It should be low voltage so i´m
> thinking of a via eden processor like this one ->
> http://tinyurl.com/3ymlkl (sorry, there´s only a german page).

thats not what I'd call a 'server' by any stretch, its a mini-ITX
motherboard, typically used in embedded systems.     As I understand it,
those 1.2GHz "Eden" CPUs perform comparably to a 450Mhz Pentium II, have
very slow memory and IO bandwidth, don't support ECC memory (mandatory
for any server in my book) and have very limited IO expansion.

I suppose it really matters what this "server" is expected to do..