[CentOS] Joomla RPM for CentOS

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Fri Mar 16 21:36:29 UTC 2007

It's not really a program that you install.
You install and configure Apache and MySql, and then extract the contents of
the archive into the root of your website, and then answer the questions.
You'll need to read the requirement for it (I did it long ago on Mambo), but
I would bet everything you need is in Centosplus. (like PHP5, if needed.)
I'm not sure what the other RPMS do.
I can't imagine that they create the database, database user and password
for you. Even if they did, I'm not sure I would want that out of my control.
It's really easy to do, honestly...
Dennis