[CentOS] Dedicated Servers

Kurt Hansen khansen at charityweb.net
Mon Mar 19 21:33:38 UTC 2007

Jean Figarella wrote:

> A little bit off topic here, but I was wondering if anybody knows
> about a good dedicate server provider, that offers CentOS (but
> ofcourse) as a os choice, and that is very reliable.
>
> I am using SuperbServer, but as of this moment 2007/03/19 1406
> America/NewYork time, my server is down do to a power outage at one of
> their facilities in VA. This is the second outage in less that 5
> months. Unacceptable.

Check out LiquidWeb at liquidweb.com. I haven't had any unscheduled
downtime since Nov. 04 when I switched to them from Superb. We have 4
dedicated servers there.

One note of concern though -- I just went to their website and they are
promoting Windows servers. Hmm...when I signed up with them they were
95% Linux. Maybe that explains why one of the recent techs I contacted
was not as on the ball as when I began.

Take care,

Kurt Hansen
khansen at charityweb.net