[CentOS] GNU Telephony Centos repository

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Tue Mar 20 03:43:27 UTC 2007

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> The Gnu Telephony site:  http://wiki.gnutelephony.org
>
> Has a Centos repo:  http://dist.gnutelephony.org/RPMS/
>
> But I caught some text stating that this is for Centos 4.2.
>
> Is it really?  Is there a difference; i.e. would it be safe to install
> these on Centos 4.4?

It was built on a Centos 4.2 box but I doubt there would be problems
installing on Centos 4.4. After all, twinkle uses qt3.3 and there have
been no significant changes in that area.

> Really I am after Twinkle, and it seems there is a lot you need to
> actually get Twinkle installed...

Yeah...all those GNU libraries...and there were reports of twinkle
emitting lower quality sound too but that was a while ago. I have
twinkle 1.0 installed from source and it was okay.