[CentOS] selinux ntp samba error message

Brett Serkez

bserkez at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 15:34:58 UTC 2007

Just prior to the time change, I made sure that ntpd and my timezone
files were properly setup.  Since this time, I've noticed the
following errors:

audit(1173310084.404:5): avc:  denied  { read } for  pid=8634
comm="ntpd" name="unexpected.tdb" dev=md1 ino=147662
scontext=root:system_r:ntpd_t tcontext=root:object_r:samba_var_t
tclass=file

I've not successfully (so far) been able to find the selinux setting
that is denying this access.  I am running a reasonably standard (i.e.
minimally customized) CentOS V4.4 system and have to believe there is
a general change that should be made.

Has anyone else seen these errors?

Has anyone else resolved this issue and can describe how to resolve?

Brett