[CentOS] A few issues

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 01:13:00 UTC 2007

On 21/03/07, Winter <winter at frostmarch.com> wrote:
> > 4)       With but one partition left to convert from NTFS to ext3, this
> > one had to be the difficult one.  It's my old C: partition from which I
> > used to boot Windows.  Three times now, with cp and tar, it has hung
> > somewhere in the Documents and Settings directory and nothing brings it
> > back.
>
> I got nothin'.  :(
>
> Give cpio a shot?
>
> What's your tar command?

There are Strange Things in various Windows directories that are a
royal pain in the arse to copy for whatever reason. It's like they
have locks or something, Windows system file-esque, that don't
necessarily live in the root of c:\. I've worked around this in the
past painstakingly figuring out what can and can't be copied and
scripting as I went.

It wasn't pretty.

Will.