(WAS:Re: [CentOS] apache error)

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 01:42:23 UTC 2007

> the symlink of logs modules run are all in red. I can view the folders and
> files on those folders in symlink. What causing the problem? my HDD still
> have space.

Assuming a normal terminal session, that usually means that the
symlink is broken. It's supposed to be a symlink, but not a broken
one. You can verify this by running 'rpm -V httpd'

It will compare what's on your disk with what the rpm database thinks
is supposed to be on your system. It should be expected that the
config file will have changes, but not the modules symlink. The less
output from rpm -V, the better.

George Orwell