[CentOS] Will Firefox 2.X be included/supported in CentOS 5?

DamianS dsteward at internode.on.net
Thu Mar 22 02:19:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 12:53 -0400, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> I know this mostly depends on what is/will be done upstream, but with
> the recent announcement that Firefox 1.5.X will only receive updates
> until April 24, 2007, is Firefox 2.X in CentOS' future?
>
> Alfred

CentOS will follow the lead of RedHat, while RedHat will plod along
behind Fedora.
There was some talk Fedora (and Redhat) would officially skip FF 2.0 and
go straight to 3.0
According to most estimates, FF 3.0 will be out by the end of the year,
although some are saying July.
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Schedule