[CentOS] Will Firefox 2.X be included/supported in CentOS 5?

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Thu Mar 22 18:58:12 UTC 2007

Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:

> David G. Miller wrote:

>> > As of beta 2 the answer seems to be "no":
> Which beta2?
> Ralph
I'm running CentOS 5 beta 2 on a test box.  You can find the links to
the current beta ISOs, release notes, etc. on the CentOS main web page
(the i386 and x86_54 ISOs are under

The estimate was for CentOS to trail RHEL 5 by about two weeks.  This
implies that we should see a production release of CentOS fairly soon
but feel free to give the beta a whirl if you want.  I'm currently
running FC6 and CentOS 4.4 on different boxes for hardware support so
I'm trying to get a jump on moving to only running CentOS 5 and not
having to chase the latest Fedora version.

-- Ambrose Bierce