[CentOS] Problems with screensavers / X config

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Fri Mar 23 09:56:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 at 12:18am, Mark Hull-Richter wrote

> Here's what I get - no idea what to fix or how - help needed:
>
> [mhr at mhrichter ~]$ glxinfo
> name of display: :0.0
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
*snip*
> Running an nVidia geFORCE 7100 GS as NVIDIA Generic with an Envision 19"
> en910e as Generic VESA 1280x1024.

If you're using the nv driver that comes with centos, then this is
expected -- that's a 2D driver only.  If you need 3D, you'll need to
download and use the binary driver from nvidia.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering