[CentOS] Re: Complex sendmail alias handling.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Mar 23 23:32:29 UTC 2007

Hugh E Cruickshank spake the following on 3/23/2007 1:42 PM:
> From: John Plemons Sent: March 23, 2007 12:28
>> OK, why not just add a couple more scripts to the cron job you have
>> now.  One for 0600 to 0800 aliases, then run the 0800 to 1600 version,
>> then next 1600 to 1800 version, but you should still be able to do it
>> in
>> the same manor you are handling it in already...  Adding 2 more support
>> files should get it done, just use cron to make live as needed...
> Hi John:
> Yes I know I can do that (and probably will for now) but it not quite
> as simple as adding 2 new files. All the work schedules do not coincide
> with each other which means I will probably be adding 4 or more files
> to the mix and more crontab entries as well. When you consider adding
> more people or having them change shifts for some reason it gets even
> worse. The more complex the setup the less flexible and the more likely
> there will be errors.
> I really thought there might be soemthing out there like what I need.
> Thanks for your input.
> Regards, Hugh
Maybe a login page for the techs that triggers the changing of the aliases
with sed-like scripts.. add them when they log in, remove them when they log
out, and also remove them after a certain amount of time if they don't log
out. That way you aren't depentent on certain times, and changing schedules,
like vacations or sick days.

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!