[CentOS] TightVNC controlling a Mac OSX 10.4.9.

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Mar 24 22:58:56 UTC 2007

.

>> I believe people have had some success with the Windows version of
>> VNCViewer 4.1.2, which has an option to force it to use the older 3.3
>> protocol.  I don't know if 4.0 for Linux implemented this option.
>>

>     I have RealVNC viewer vP4.2.8, and get the unknown error 255, even
> though I chose the Use Protocol 3.3 option.
>     Looking more like I need to use Vine, or some other vncserver on the
> OSX side...

One could always submit a bug report to CentOS and/or Red Hat
documenting the problem and suggesting TightVNC as the resolution:-)

It might take a while for RH to get it into RHEL, assuming it accepts
the suggestion, but it could easily be in a CentOS repo soul after some
trusted sould builds it.

--

Cheers
John