[CentOS] Centos 4.92

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 14:50:05 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> John Summerfield wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm looking at the first ISO image (I only have two so far), and I
>>> don't see instructions a repo for preparing for a network install.
>>>
>>> It used to be basically copy all the RedHat/Fedora/CentOS directories
>>> to a common location.
>>>

>> that should still work, you can even loop mount the dvd iso and just use
>
> I thought that would destroy the repo info?
>

>> that behind a http / ftp server
>
> I couldn't find a DVD ISO, what I have is six CD-sized ISOs. Smallish
> ones at that, doesn't RH/Fedora make them a little bigger?

Download to a directory exported with NFS, burn the first one and boot
with 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt, pick 'nfs image' as the
method and fill in the host/path information.  The install does all the
magic of loopback mounting the iso images for you and will switch
atomatically when needed. Once it is started you can let it run unattended.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com