[CentOS] Centos 4.92

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Sun Mar 25 21:34:15 UTC 2007

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 11:34:44PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:

> >Download to a directory exported with NFS, burn the first one and boot
> >with 'linux askmethod' at the boot prompt, pick 'nfs image' as the
> >method and fill in the host/path information.  The install does all the
> >magic of loopback mounting the iso images for you and will switch
> >atomatically when needed. Once it is started you can let it run unattended.
>
> I much prefer http installs, and my kickstart scripts have evolved to
> expect it.

While there is very little difference between nfs and http installs,
I found that I prefered nfs because I could eject the CD and take it
away after the install got going; http installs seemed to hang on to
the CD until the first boot.

Of course now that I'm getting everything going with PXE (through
Cobbler), I suspect the difference is again pretty much insignificant.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |