[CentOS] Problems with screensavers / X config

Mark Hull-Richter mhullrich at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 02:27:07 UTC 2007

>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
>> Behalf Of Jim Perrin
>> Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 11:13 AM
>> To: CentOS mailing list
>> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Problems with screensavers / X config

Then let's have a look at your xorg.conf and your Xorg.0.log.
--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering

Well, the log file is 853 lines long with no timestamps, but here are
a couple of recurring errors that look like they might be relevant:

(EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (Compatible NVIDIA X driver not found)

(WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (No such file or directory)

I suspect the first is a key to this problem, but I have no idea where
GLX is looking for the nvidia driver or why it would not be there.
Quick review: when I finally got the system into init 3 state, I ran
the nvidia installer, it compiled the driver on host and said
everything wa fine.

I have no clue what the second one means or why it would be happening.
 The two errors are not directl connected to each other and appear
with a random number and type of message in between.

mhr

PS: Jim, your reputation is safe and secure, at least for me.

PPS: Sorry if the thread was broken here - disparity between digest
mode here and individual emails at work.  I'll fix this at some point,
probably after I get samba to let my Windows VM talk to my disk
drives....