[CentOS] Question about rebooting and iptables rules persisting

Roy Ong centos-list at royong.com
Tue Mar 27 07:51:51 UTC 2007

well if you followed the thread you will realize that the original
poster said that he did indeed do an iptables save but that didn't help
in his case. furthermore i did clarify to say that

"its not the safest way, but heck, I'm hoping it will work for you"

i definitely AGREE that running the firewall rules till AFTER the system
+ services are up and running could be a potential hazard with a small
period of vulnerability (few seconds) but having no other choice, a
quick script to turn on the firewall rules at the very last is better
than running nothing at all ... well, there are 2 sides to a coin and i
definitely understand your concern, hence my little disclaimer within my
original reply.