[CentOS] Tape drive recommendations

John Plemons john at mavin.com
Tue Mar 27 15:39:11 UTC 2007

Backup also would need to include an off site push.  One thing I've
learned is never depend on one method, I have the main nightly backup to
disk and then also have a secondary and tertiary backup pushing off site
to machines in a different part of the country.

I had such a crash 6 months ago, and had my company up and running
within 3 hours remotely using a secondary server.  They were in
California, the server was in Tennessee, it took several days to repair
and rebuild the primary server, but down time was kept to a minimum and
when we went live on the primary just a simple restore from the
secondary server.

So nasty it wasn't, having gone through the same thing with tape it was
a lot worse, we would be down for days instead of a few hours.

john plemons