[CentOS] Tape drive recommendations

Don Knott dknott123 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 04:01:39 UTC 2007

LTO3 is the standard these days... LTO4 will be out midyear hopefully and
maybe LTO3 prices will come down.

I use BRUServer for network backup. It provides similar services to what
your planning to use Amanda for. They maintain a good bit of information at
their websites about drives & scsi cards. I'm on an older RHEL kernel which
they don't support because of scsi problems that require me to reboot it
about 4:00am each day to keep the tape drive in view or it disappears. Other
than that, the setup works well and LTO3 is fast.

http://www.tolisgroup.com/
http://www.linuxtapecert.org/