[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 - postgis / postgres Issue

Tom Brown

tom at ng23.net
Wed Mar 28 13:35:52 UTC 2007

Hi

I know this is not directly centos related but if anyone has used
postgres before then that would be a help!! Normally i'm an oracle or
mysql guy.

I have to install a qa postgres box that uses postgis. All seems well
but when the devs import the schema this happens...

ERROR:  could not access  file "$libdir/libpostgis.so.0.9": No such file
or  directory

and indeed that library does not exist anywhere on the box.

I have looked at the rpm downloaded from postgis.refractions.net and
again this library is missing.

Is anyone familiar with this setup and know what could be wrong? This
was installed using rpm's and not compiled from source.

thanks