[CentOS] Time 1 hour out

Andy Wright centos at eltofts.homelinux.com
Wed Mar 28 15:45:58 UTC 2007

Good afternoon - see, I told you the time was out ;-)

It's the system time that's an hour out - the hardware clock was set to
the correct local time (I'd done this manually earlier).

Here's what I've tried -

stop ntpd and chkconfig it off

used date -s to set correct local time
used clock -w to write to hardware clock

reboot (just in case !)

date and clock now both report the correct local time

start ntpd

clock is still correct, but date has gone back an hour

Confused !

Andy.