[CentOS] Samba

Mark Hull-Richter mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:19:10 UTC 2007

On 3/29/07, Dennis McLeod <dmcleod at foranyauto.com> wrote:

> http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/
>
> I don't know how much easier it could be than to follow one of the Example
> configurations.
> They pretty much tell you what to type.
> You'll also learn a bit more about Linux in general.

Well, yeah, they're fine when they end up with a working configuration.  So
far I haven't had any luck , but my configuration is more than a bit
peculiar, too.  I haven't tried this at home yet (wanted it working here,
first, but maybe I'll just go for it...).

Fianlly, the Samba list has proven helpful for me:

> https://lists.samba.org/mailman/

Thank you, thank you, thank you - I can't help wondering why no one
mentioned this before, as I've posted a whole slew of Samba questions here
that haven't produced answers that work (so far).  Not to disparage this
list - it's not really a CentOS issue, but _someone_ could have mentioned
it....

mhr

(I _am_ a technofile, etc. and I'm still having problems with samba.)