[CentOS] RHEL4 - which yum version?

Bob Marcan bob.marcan at interstudio.homeunix.net
Fri Mar 30 07:27:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:54:55 -0700
Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:

> I'm looking at this document to convert RHEL4 systems to Yum and setup
> an updates repository.
>
> http://sial.org/howto/yum/
>
> Which version of yum would you recommend for that? What would be the
> dependencies that need to be installed? Any guidelines for installing
> Yum on RHEL4 without breaking the RPM dependencies and stuff (and with
> minimal changes to the system)?
>
> The document recommends yum-2.0.7, but that's pretty old, I guess.

# Name: RPMforge RPM Repository for Red Hat Enterprise 4 - i386
#
# Add the following line to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
#
	yum rpmforge http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/i386/dag

No experience with any other repository.

Regards, Bob

 Bob Marcan, Consultant                mailto:bob.marcan at snt.si
 S&T Slovenija d.d.                    tel:   +386 (1) 5895-300
 Leskoskova cesta 6                    fax:   +386 (1) 5895-202
 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia              url:   http://www.snt.si