[CentOS] [yum] problem with columns width output

Martin Hamant

mh at accelance.fr
Tue Mar 13 08:48:44 UTC 2007

Le Mon, 12 Mar 2007 23:24:52 +0000
Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> écrivait:

> Martin Hamant wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a package named like this :
> >
> > httpd.i386                               2.0.59-1.el4s1.5.el4.c
> > centosplus
> >
> > As you see, version is too long for the column width.
> > I tried to export COLUMNS with a higher value : no change.
> >
> > Any idea ?
> >

> What are yo trying to do ? for a visual scan it should not make much
> of a difference, and if you are trying to script things for yum - use
> the yum api to write things.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer,
I fixed my parsing problem, httpd version number was not concerned.

In fact that was a problem with a package name returned by the Jpackage
repository (java-1.5.0-sun-compat), as i was excluding to expect any
version number in a package name... my regexp didn't like it.
obviously, i don't like java ...

Thx :)

--
Martin