[CentOS] setting up incoming PPP on centos 4.4

Fri Mar 2 14:08:51 UTC 2007
fredex <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

hi gang!

I'm interested in setting up incoming PPP on a system at work that has
a fresh (not upgrade) Centos 4.4 on it.

All the documentation I've found for that shows using mgetty to do it, and
seems pretty straightforward.

However, that machine doesn't have a binary named mgetty anywhere.

It does have a mgetty-sendfax RPM installed, but it does not provide a
binary named mgetty.

"yum -list available | grep -y getty" shows no additional packages I could
use to obtain it.

so, how does one set up incoming PPP on Centos 4.4?

(I've searched the RH knowledgebase and all I found there that came close
was a very nice document on doing it on RHEL 3, which shows how to do it
with mgetty. Catch 22.)

Thanks!
                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.