[CentOS] Kickstart Installation - Is it possible to set a fixed IP for installation?

Mon Mar 5 15:25:34 UTC 2007
first last <prelude_2_murder at yahoo.co.uk>

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up an automated CentOS installation system. My idea
is to use PXE to boot the kernel/initrd and pass the kickstart options
to the kernel from there.

This works correctly until it boots up Linux. As soon as it does that
it makes a DHCP request and, unsurprisingly, it gets the same one (same
MAC) but it also gets the filename and next-server details. Then
Anaconda tries to use those details instead of the ones I specified on
the command line.

You can see on one of the other VTs that it is trying to load
/pxelinux.0 instead of using http://server/1.ks.

I can see three possible solutions for this:
-Forcing (somehow) Anaconda to use a fixed IP address (possibly via a
%pre script?), or, at least, making it use the kickstart file that gets
passed from pxelinux.
-Configuring the DHCP server so it knows how to differentiate between
requests (not too sure on how to do it yet).
-Doing a complete hack. When it gets the second request, it tries to
access nfs:/server:/pxeboot.0. I could create the NFS share and add the
file there, maybe symlinked to the right one, but it would stop me from
being able to have different installations selectable from pxelinux.

My ideal solution would be the first, as the other two seem to be
workarounds, more than solutions.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gabriel