[CentOS] Configuration Help with HA/VirtualIP

Mon Mar 19 16:32:54 UTC 2007
Todd Reed <treed at astate.edu>

I've been bashing my head into a wall the past few days on this.

I am trying to setup a Load Balanced MySQL Cluster.  I can get the MySQL NDB
Clusters working, but when I try to install the HA Load Balancers, I can't
get past the step of the shared Virtual IP.  I'm basing my sequence on
HowToForge Guide written for Debain
(http://www.howtoforge.com/loadbalanced_mysql_cluster_debian_p7).  I've
added my own tweaks and use the appropriate CentOS x64 commands and
configurations.

I am creating a loopback interface with the following configs:

vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-lo:0

DEVICE=lo:0

IPADDR=10.98.51.10

NETMASK=255.255.254.0

NETWORK=10.98.50.0

# If you're having problems with gated making 127.0.0.0/8 a martian,

# you can change this to something else (255.255.255.255, for example)

BROADCAST=10.98.51.255

ONBOOT=yes

NAME=loopback

The Guide shows this for Debian

vi /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo:0

iface lo:0 inet static

address 192.168.0.105

 netmask 255.255.255.255

pre-up sysctl -p > /dev/null

I think I am almost there, but just can't place my figure on my error.  Can
anyone help guide me?