[CentOS] Beta question - initial install of packages

Wed Mar 28 06:23:31 UTC 2007
Scott R Ehrlich <scott at MIT.EDU>

When I used Fedora Core 5, and got to the screen for packages to install, I had
the option to Customize which packages I wanted to install, but never an option
to install EVERYTHING.  That annoyed me.

When I use Redhat Enterprise 4, and get to the screen for packages to install, I
have the option to Customize which packages I want to install.   That leads me
to a screen showing a tree of catatories.   Towards the bottom, I find an
"Everything" option.   I almost always choose that.

When I learned about CentOS 4.4, and got to the package install screen, the
EVERYTHING option was there.   I was thrilled!

>From the CentOS beta, I thought I would again get the EVERYTHING option, but to
my shock, the packages screen actually goes back to the FC5 days, thus no easy
(that I could find) way to just select all packages.

Am I missing something?   If this is true, and the team is still in development
stage, can the EVERYTHING option be restored?

Thanks.

Scott