[CentOS] samba on centos with printer drivers

Thu Mar 29 21:54:13 UTC 2007
Dave <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com>

Hello,
    I'm trying to set up a CentOS 4.4 print server. I've attached a Usb Hp
Deskjet 5150 printer to the box, and printed a test page. This worked fine,
using cups. I then went to the samba howto, classical printer section, and
followed the section for uploading pointprint drivers to the box. My first
problem came when i told the error dialog no, then didn't see a new driver
button in the resulting dialog either on the general tab or sharing tab. I
next tried again, this time i said yes to the driver installation, went
through, had the apw find the drivers, on my CD, and it uploaded them no
errors or so i thought. The process completed without errors, the rom and
the hard disk moved, yet checking the samba box in the print$ share nothing
has been added and i have global permissions set for this operation. I am
doing this as a member of the printeradmins group and in smb.conf i did set:

use client driver = no
default devmode = yes

for i have had an issue with a previous deskjet uploading drivers, that one
actually gave me an error, and adding default devmode fixed it. My samba
version is 3.0.10 if that helps.
    Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks.
Dave.