[CentOS] Re: Swap Considerations

Thu Mar 1 00:47:01 UTC 2007
William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>

I don't do things that way.  Why would you want to use swap when ram is
orders of magnitudes faster and cheap?  I have several Centos server
from a p-3 1ghz all the way to a p-d 2.8 ghz.  I have put centos 4.4 on
a p-3 550 with 256 megs of ram.  The instant i could i added another 256
megs of ram because swap was chuggin the box.  I don't change processors
every upgrade.  hell my current machine is 5+ years old and has lived
through windows 2k and xp and will get vista.  it has done centos 3 and
now centos 4.  i don't advocate nor practice the windows way of hardware
management.

--
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: