[CentOS] Re: pagecache corruption on Tyan S3870

Thu Mar 1 18:11:58 UTC 2007
Dan Halbert <halbert at bbn.com>

Scott Silva wrote:
>> These boxes are running Centos 4.4 x86_64 with kernel
>> 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp.

> Have you tried a newer kernel to see if it changes the problem?

We have not tried the 0.8 kernel extensively, but there is nothing in the release notes that seems related. Our next trial will be with FC6. Unfortunately it can take days for this problem to show up.

A previous responder suggested swapping CPU's or RAM around. The RAM has been shuffled and in some cases replaced (the vendor replaced all the 1GB DIMM's with 2GB). These problems are occurring across 25 machines, so it does not seem to be isolated bad components.

Dan