[CentOS] Virtualisation

Thu Mar 1 18:40:07 UTC 2007
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 01:31:34PM -0500, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> > [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Stephen Harris

> > I acknowledge I have farmed out my risk to an "untrusted third party",
> > but that's part of risk management; my evaluation is that

> Risk management? Is this a home network or a business network?

It's my home network.  I have documents on my machines that are private
and personal.  I don't want hackers on my machines.  Therefore I have a
risk that needs to be managed.  Just because I use professional jargon
doesn't mean it isn't relevant.

> Well then, sounds like your mind is made up already, why ask?

I asked what virtualisation technology people recommended; I didn't even
_mention_ Fedora in my original list because I knew it wasn't suitable.
Someone asked me "why not a bare-bones FC6 Xen box" and I answered
why not.

--

rgds
Stephen