[CentOS] Virtualisation

Fri Mar 2 18:14:19 UTC 2007
Peter Loron <peterl at standingwave.org>

VMWare itself has some overhead, but the main chunk is going to the the
RAM set aside for the virtual machine(s). Unless you're running a VM
with _very_ minimal RAM needs, you're going to want to bump up the
physical memory in your host box.

With WinXP as the host (hey, this was at work!) on a 1GB box, a 512MB XP
  VM worked fine. This assumed the host wasn't being used for anything else.

You'll probably be able to get the VM to fire up, but everything will be
glacial if you're giving the VM any reasonable RAM allocation.

-Pete