[CentOS] PREROUTING - DNAT with iptables for an ASTERISK BOX

Thu Mar 8 00:39:21 UTC 2007
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running a ASTERISK BOX behind a firewall. It is at DMZ .
>
> Now I want to connect to my ASTERISK BOX from Internet. So I want to DNAT.
> How can I do it?

sip proxy behind nat = major pain in the neck.

Trust me, it will not work. At best, it will work half the time.

> Pls assume that ip address that connects to Internet on firewall is
> 1.2.3.4and is attached to eth0.
> And ASTERISK BOX is 192.168.101.23
>
> Then, What is the rule (PREROUTING) for it? What is the port to DNAT?
>
> I think udp 5060. So I have added below 2 rules . But it does not work at
> all.
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -i eth0 -d 1.2.3.4 --dport 5060 -j
> DNAT
> --to-destination 192.168.101.23:5060
> iptables -A FORWARD -p udp -d 192.168.101.23 --dport 5060 -j ACCEPT
>
> Can you help me to solve this issue?

Yes. Give the asterisk box a proper ip. No natting. Natting on the
client side is bad enough, you do not want to add sip proxy behind nat.