[CentOS] using true UTC timezone everywhere

Fri Mar 9 01:10:40 UTC 2007
Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org>

Stephen Harris wrote:

> The one gotcha is to move any cron jobs to idle times.  Midnight GMT
> might be peak activity on your webserver so you don't want overnight
> jobs to kick off then!

Good idea.

One other thing is that, when reading logs, for now people are used to
see timestamps in the local time zone. But, since the logs that actually
matter will be in a database, I guess I can always add a translation
layer to the PHP page that will display those logs and optionally
convert the timestamps to local time on-the-fly, if that's what the user
wants.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/