[CentOS] Installing Parallel Zip 250 on 4.4

Sat Mar 10 21:55:10 UTC 2007
Leonardo Vilela Pinheiro <leopinheiro at gmail.com>

On 3/9/07, Rob Lines <rlinesseagate at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to install a Zip 250 drive on CentOS 4.4 but the detect
> hardware at boot up is not finding it.
>
> I am not sure where to start as normally hardware is installed at the
> initial install or it auto detects on boot.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know if this helps, but many years ago I used Iomega 100MB on the
parallel port, and if I may remember correctly the SCSI subsystem is what
took care of it. So I had to load the SCSI modules and so on.

Maybe you have to load one or more modules if it does not automatically.

Execute 'dmesg' and see if there is any output telling about the parallel
port or the Zip drive.

Also execute 'lsmod' and paste here the result.