[CentOS] Centos-specific Denyhosts Howto Anyone?

Tue Mar 13 00:49:24 UTC 2007

Karl R. Balsmeier wrote:
> Hi, after reading the docs (no man page) and seeing a few example
> howtos, I see none for Centos specifically.

) and ultimately onto wiki.centos.org

> I hereby offer to write this and even host it, and any other wiki-able
> howto you want, if you can school me on the first few steps relevant to
> how to link up the current rpmforge rpm for RHEL4-64.  See, right now,
> the one for centos loads into the /usr/share/doc, which is an odd place
> to stash an executable, -logic perhaps being you just symlink however
> you want.

I am not sure what you are talking about, the denyhosts is a python app
and goes into the right place ( under python2.3/site-packages/ ) and
only the docs go under /usr/share/docs - which is exactly where you
would look if you went looking for docs. The actual app entry python
file is /usr/bin/denyhosts.py which seems right to me.

> I'd like to of course script this specifically for centos. I have
> firewall rules and other protections, but it's (denyhosts) too cool to
> pass up.  reminds me a bit of portsentry, or whatever they call it now,
> tri-sentry, maybe it's quad-sentry now or...

propose what you want to add onto the wiki in the docs list, and read up
on the policy on howto contribute on the wiki.

- KB