[CentOS] Re: cat cron jobs into crontab

Tue Mar 13 18:35:43 UTC 2007
Karl R. Balsmeier <karl at klxsystems.net>

thanks, I'm running a script after kickstart install, and am looking to
"cat" a known value into an empty cron file.  Managing it or otherwise
having to manually edit it is not the issue i'm seeking info on.

I'm trying to avoid having to manually add all of my known cron jobs
with crontab -e

To do this, I was trying out some stuff like:

*cat >> $out_file << EOF
first line of data
second line of data
more data
the end of the data
EOF*

but in a way that was safe for cron, with no modifications to the
default manner in which cron runs, e.g. crontab -l, crontab -e later
would not break seeking some new file.

-karlski