[CentOS] How do tzdata changes get made?

Tue Mar 13 11:58:13 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Les Mikesell wrote:

>> File in upstream bugzilla. But actually, they're generally really on
>> top of
>> this.

The bug report would be safe, but RH did have the fix out for Western
Australia before DST was implemented two or threee weeks after the
enabling legislation.

My guess is that "upstream" is on top of it any all the distros need to
is keep an eye on that.

> The underlying data isn't distribution or even Linux specific.

I "fixed" my powerbook by copying /etc/localtime from a nahant-clone system.

It takes instantly, but applications may need to be restarted. I alerted
KDE by changing to a different timezone (I had chosen to monitor Greece
for the Olympics) and back.

--

Cheers
John