[CentOS] Re: New System Build

Wed Mar 14 15:56:56 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Feizhou spake the following on 3/13/2007 7:59 PM:

>> I generally prefer Asus motherboards, I quite like Via chips and SIS
>> works well too (but it is low-spec).
>
> I will give Asus second thoughts because their BIOS sucks, I will never
> ever touch a VIA board again (I have a socket A VIA board for my home
> machine) and I wish there were more SIS boards.
I seem to see less complaints from the Tyan server boards, but they can be
pricey. Most server boards seem more compatible with linux than the new
desktop boards, but they usually have less than stellar graphics, since most
servers need very little in that area.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and