[CentOS] CentOS vs. RHEL Advanced Platform

Wed Mar 14 18:44:53 UTC 2007
Matt Hyclak <hyclak at math.ohiou.edu>

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 03:31:22PM -0300, Martin Marques enlightened us:
> Jeff escribió:
> >
> >How will CentOS 5 compare to RHEL 5 Advanced Platform?
>
> You can't compare them as CentOS doesn't have official support.

I'm guessing what CentOS 5 will be is what redhat is calling RHEL 5. The
Advanced Platform adds in things like GFS/Clustering which CentOS has
in the past rebuilt alongside of CentOS 4. I would be surprised to see that
go away as long as RedHat is still making the SRPMs available as they have
in the past.

Otherwise, I see no technical differences between RHEL5 and RHEL5 AP - the
rest are subscription/support differences.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics