[CentOS] CentOS 5 Beta Dual Boot Problem

Thu Mar 15 21:15:56 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Styma, Robert E (Robert) wrote:
> To test CentOS 5, I loaded from DVD adding it to
> a system at home running Fedora Core 7 T2.
>
> Partition Layout is:
> /dev/hda1   -  / for the RH7T2 system
> /dev/hda2   -  /home
> /dev/hda3   -  swap
> /dev/hda4   -  extended
>    /dev/hda5 - / for CentOS 5
>
> The system loaded cleanly and gave me the
> opportunity to tell grub about the other system.
> CentOS boots fine.  Grub Stage 2 will show me
> both systems.

Each system should have its own grub. You cannot properly install new
kernels and have the grub menu updated properly otherwise.

At one time I had, on one box, RHEL5 beta1 client and server, SLED,
OpenSUSE, maybe something else. One grub menu would have bene horrendous.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait