[CentOS] Re: How to enable download via web browser with vsftpd?

Fri Mar 16 08:38:54 UTC 2007
Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com>

On 16/03/07, Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am now running vsftp on CENTOS 4.4. Still on my BOX. not still ready for
> production environment.
> I want to know one more thing.
>
> When I login to my ftp server from ftp client programme called Smart FTP
> that was installed on a windows Xp machine, I can see  . DOT files under
> that directory.
>

> Then traditional . files will be created there. But I do not want to those
> .files to display, When users login from their ftp clients.
>
> How can I solve this?

Read the vsftpd.conf man page, search it for 'deny_file' and 'hide_file'.

$ man vsftpd.conf
Hit '/' to go in to the Vi-like search mode in 'less'
Type 'deny_file' without the single quotes
Hit [ENTER]
'n' takes you to the next match, 'N' to the previous.

Repeat for 'hide_file'.

Will.