[CentOS] CentOS 5 Beta on a MacBook Pro

Mon Mar 19 00:44:02 UTC 2007
William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>

no..you cannot bring betas up to release via yum.

Mike Kercher wrote:
> centos-bounces at centos.org <> scribbled on Sunday, March 18, 2007 1:49
> PM:
>
> : FYI, I just installed CentOS 5 beta with the SMP kernel in a
> : VMWare fusion virtual machine on my 2.33 GHz 15 inch MacBook Pro.
> :
> : The installation was flawless.  I installed from an NFS share
> : on my network with the ISO images.  The vm booted disc one
> : and recognized my 802.11n wireless connection as eth0.  The
> : install took about 30 minutes.
> :
> : Everything worked fine...
> :
> : -Joe
> : _______________________________________________
> : CentOS mailing list
> : CentOS at centos.org
>
> Assuming you installed the CentOS 5 beta today, would a yum update bring
> the machine up to a release state when the stable version is released?
>
> Mike

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099