[CentOS] Re: selinux ntp samba error message

Tue Mar 20 16:07:09 UTC 2007
Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk>

In article <a5f030530703200834we7ca190odf616bcc7b20d6a4 at mail.gmail.com>,
Brett Serkez <bserkez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just prior to the time change, I made sure that ntpd and my timezone
> files were properly setup.  Since this time, I've noticed the
> following errors:
>
> audit(1173310084.404:5): avc:  denied  { read } for  pid=8634
> comm="ntpd" name="unexpected.tdb" dev=md1 ino=147662
> scontext=root:system_r:ntpd_t tcontext=root:object_r:samba_var_t
> tclass=file
>
> I've not successfully (so far) been able to find the selinux setting
> that is denying this access.  I am running a reasonably standard (i.e.
> minimally customized) CentOS V4.4 system and have to believe there is
> a general change that should be made.
>
> Has anyone else seen these errors?
>
> Has anyone else resolved this issue and can describe how to resolve?

Have you tried rebooting the system since you updated the timezone files?
When I updated a system I found that running processes were still using
the old information, and only new process picked up the new.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield